Biography of Founding Chairman, BoT
R. A. M. ObaidulMuktadir Chowdhury,
Hon’able Member of Parliament,
Bangladesh Awami League (Term – 3rd)
MSS (1978), Political Science, University of Dhaka
Diploma in Rural Poverty Alleviation (1996), Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok
BSS(Hons) in Political Science (1976), University of Dhaka
- At present, Mr. ObaidulMuktadir Chowdhury, MP, is chairing the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Ministry of Civil Aviation and Tourism. He is also a member of the Central Working Committee of Bangladesh AwamiLeague and President, Brahmanbaria District Awami League.
- He also worked as the Chairman of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Ministry of Chittagong Hill Tracts Affairs, Ministry of Water Resources, and Ministry of Public Administration.
- He was nominated as a Senate member of the University of Dhaka in 2019.
- In 1969, he was elected General Secretary of Dhaka College Students’ Union.
- In 1970, he was the Deputy General Secretary of East Pakistan Central Students’ League
- While participating in the 1971 War of Independence as a member of Bangladesh Liberation Front (MujibBahini), he was shot in the leg in an encounter with the Pakistan occupation forces.
- When BAKSAL was formed in 1975, he was nominated as a member of the 21-mmber Central Committee of Bangladesh Chhatra League. He was a close associate of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman during this politically volatiletime.
- When Father of the Nation was martyred in 1975, he builtresistance across the country through organizing democratic student movement.
- Following this, in October 1976, he was arrested and imprisoned; he was released in September 1978 by an order of the Hon’ble High Court.
- In 1983, he passed the BCS Examination andjoined the administration cadre.
- In 1986, he served as Assistant Private Secretary to the people’s leader, Sheikh Hasinaand also as Private Secretary to the Hon’ble Prime Minister from 1996 to 2001.
- He was elected Member of Parliament (MP) for the first time in a by-election in 2011.
- He was elected as a Member of Parliament for the second time on January 5, 2014.
- On December 30, 2016, he made history by having been elected as an MP for the 3rdterm from Brahmanbaria-3 (Parliamentary Seat No. 245).
- Brave and sharp-witted as a leader, MrObaidulMuktadir Chowdhurydemonstrated outstanding leadership capability, acumen, and fortitude in serving the people of his constituency during manycritical situations which Brahmanbaria had encountered in the past.
- Above all, he is a pious person and a famed Islamic Scholar.
Cell: 01711835515, Email: email@example.com