As a technical educational institution of Bangladesh, University of Brahmanbaria (UOB) aims to develop innovative solutions to the world’s most frightening challenges. The university thinks that research, consultancy and innovations in line with teaching and learning are important for academic services which utilize the specialty and resources from faculty members, students and staffs for knowledge contribution. These mechanisms increase the professionalism and to develop the country through contribution in the industry, society and other development sectors as well as UOB.
UOB is committed to the development, new innovation and applied knowledge through research. The faculty members are from different academic background and all are expected to involve in research activities. The faculty members have an obligation to conduct research and publication within the university or collaboration with industries or local universities or internationally.
The University has a research & extension unit which is responsible for the management of research, publications, research planning, implementation, research related activities and communication with public and private sectors.
To maximize success in research and innovation for UOB faculty, students, and staff, as well as to comply with all required standards of research administration.
Research and Innovation at UOB envisions a dynamic, innovative, and diversified environment that will promote and support the research and creative scholarly activities of faculty, staff, and students.
- We dedicate ourselves to providing a sound and supportive research infrastructure that will minimize the administrative burden on faculty, maximize the effectiveness of funds generated by research projects and attract dynamic researchers to our community.
- We dedicate ourselves to helping our faculty researchers and improving research services by meeting challenges through innovative interdisciplinary team efforts and creative problem solving.
- We dedicate ourselves to providing quality incentives to researchers, who, in turn, will generate quality research.
- We dedicate ourselves to breaking down boundaries and fostering diverse inter- and multi-disciplinary efforts of faculty and staff.
- We dedicate ourselves to assessing policies and targeting trends in research in order to advance and achieve institutional initiatives.
- We dedicate ourselves to maintaining the highest standards championed by the research administration profession to ensure the responsible conduct of research.
- We dedicate ourselves to promoting initiatives for public and private partnerships that will enhance the wellbeing of people in our communities and the Nation.
The ethical review at UOB consists the following key points:
- Institutional, national and international guidelines to conduct the research activities ethically with participations.
- The entire procedure of ethics application consisting ethics review required, submission procedure for approval etc.
- Specific suggestions, applications, proposal, reports, publications, partnerships etc.
Proposed Areas of research
- Advanced Operating Systems
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Big Data and Data Mining
- Embedded Systems and Robotics
- Signal Processing